Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We Are 1976

Over the weekend, I needed to pick up a gift for a friend's upcoming birthday.  Based on the rave reviews of a Dallas design blog I stumbled upon earlier this summer, I decided to check out a store called We Are 1976 in Lower Greenville, an up-and-coming neighborhood in East Dallas.  We Are 1976 is run by three siblings who have a passion for design and discovering unique products from around the world.  The store is not huge, but it was packed to the brim with cool stuff like a giant ceramic baby buddha head that hangs on the wall, a light fixture fashioned out of old books, and oddly-flavored Kit-Kat bars from Japan (sweet potato, anyone?).  I could easily spend a half day just looking at all the artwork for sale by local as well as far-flung artists, all of which the store sells either framed or unframed.

An hour after entering, I left We Are 1976 with the perfect gift for my friend.  I'll reveal what it is after the birthday celebration tomorrow night.











No comments:

Post a Comment